Thursday, February 24, 2011

Him and Me

We got our tax returns! $4700 direct deposited into our bank account. Not too shabby for a return, considering we don't have spawn to assist in getting a hefty sum. We've learned to work the system by claiming O on our W2's and checking "Married but withhold at a higher single-rate". We get smaller pay checks, but we can live with that and get a fatty check later.

Bryce has been wanting a new bed for about a year now and I've been wanting shoes. So we decided that a bed was probably a smart thing to purchase with the money. We found a pillow top memory foam king size bed and box springs for a grand total of $800, including tax and delivery. Great deal! It's amazingly comfortable and QUIET! Our last bed would squeak if you rolled over or got out of bed. Now I can sneak off the mattress without waking Bryce or the kids. I now have to wake them up to go to the bathroom instead of them hearing me get up. It's so cute too. They love it. They also don't toss and turn as much. We're all benefiting from this purchase.

Bryce and I have joined our ward bowling team and are actually pretty good. We've got to win 3 more games and then we're in the Championships and might even get the grand prize of... T-SHIRTS! LOL. Not that exciting, but bragging rights none the less. Last week we went bowling with Ashley and Caleb Eggbert and I bowled my best game ever. So good, in fact, that I have a print-out of our scores up on the fridge. I bowled a whopping 171, and won myself a new pair of shoes that should arrive this weekend or early next week. We have actually been bowling so often and doing so well (always bowling over 100) that Bryce has decided (and I couldn't be more thrilled) that I need to have my very own pair of bowling shoes. The next time we're in Idaho Falls, we're going to go shopping for some. I'm so excited. Now all we need is our own bowling balls and matching bowling shirts with our names embroidered on them.

Valentines Day wasn't too long ago. It wasn't what we had planned because Bryce was sick. I decided to do a bedroom picnic. We ordered Chinese food, bought some sparkling cider and Rocky Road ice cream and watched Animal House. It was a nice relaxing evening. Too bad Bryce wasn't feeling better because I had made amazing reservations at a high-end restaurant in Idaho Falls back in January. I still want to go... maybe St. Patrick's Day?

Anyway, the kids are at the vet and Bryce and I are enjoying the house deserted and quiet for a change.

1 comment:

  1. I miss bowling. I don't think I have gone since living in Rexburg! I am so glad you updated your blog! I love hearing about whats going on with you guys. Good luck with bowling! I hope you guys win!

    ReplyDelete